Share the Gift of Qurbani Meat with a Needy Family Locally!
This Eid-ul-Adha, Share the Gift of Qurbani Meat with a Needy Family in Canada!
As Eid-ul-Adha approaches (10th of Dhul Hijjah / 11th of August, 2019), Muslims around the world get ready to enjoy delicious food and festivities and many who can afford to prepare to offer the sacrifice of an animal (typically a Goat, Lamb or a seventh share in a larger animal like a Buffalo) to fulfill the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (AS) to commemorate the sacrifice of our Prophets Ibrahim and Ismaa`il (AS).
As per the tradition of the Prophet Muhammad (AS), the meat from a sacrificed animal, often known as ‘Udhiya or Qurbani’, is shared with family, relatives, neighbors and the needy in the local community.
This Eid-ul-Adha, sponsor the cost for a full Goat/Sheep Qurbani for just $375 and HalalServe will arrange to have it Sacrificed, Packed and Shared with Needy Families in Mississauga, Canada.
While many of us are fortunate to easily afford and consume fresh meat whenever we like, there are many in our own neighbourhoods right here in Canada who only get to enjoy meat on special occasions like Eid-ul-Adha. Many rely on projects like HalalServe to help supplement their basic nutritional needs and the families we serve eagerly look forward to this time of year for an opportunity to also enjoy some fresh meat like the rest of us.
HalalServe is Canada Zakat’s Food Delivery Service for the needy. Since 2016, we’ve offered free bi-weekly food deliveries to eligible low-income clients with limited mobility in the Mississauga area. Our Food Packs include an assortment of Halal, Healthy & Nutritious food items including fresh fruits & vegetables, milk, cereals, rice, oil, lentils, pasta, canned fish, halal meat, frozen foods and more!
● Donations will be accepted until Friday, August 9th, 2019, 5:00pm ET.
● The sacrifice will be performed on the 2nd or 3rd day of Eid-ul-Adha (est. Mon Aug 12 or Tues Aug 13, 2019). Please plan to trim your hair/nails after Maghrib on the 3rd day of Eid-ul-Adha.
● Meat will be packaged and shared with needy HalalServe Food Bank clients in Mississauga.
● If you wish, you may email us the name(s) of the people on whose behalf you want to make the sacrifice. (Your intention is what is important. Saying the name of the person out aloud at the time of sacrifice is not required).
● For additional questions, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org | (905) 566-1444 Extension 3.